Monday, September 30, 2013

Day and Night

Day and Night
Turk Ismail


School, work and other responsibilities in life can make us busy enough that we disregard what we wear.  Should I wear a fancy outfit that fits well or those comfortable sweatpants calling my name? This is the conversation I have with myself everyday.
When facing a busy schedule we tend to care less and  grab the closest item to us from our closet and bounce.  However, I think we still can do that and keep our swag.

H&M and Forever21 are my favorite brands for an everyday outfit.  Oftentimes when I purchase items from these stores, I’m not sure when or where I’m going to wear the pieces I chose.  Instead, I buy the clothes and I match them later with something I already have.  A collaboration of new trendy pieces and older classics guarantee your outfit will be cool and original.


Day Outfit
For this daytime outfit, I chose my T-shirt from Armani Exchange, that I previously purchased in Seattle. Denim and chambray are very trendy and can be embraced by both men and women.  I found this unique bleached denim shirt from H&M and placed it over my tee.  Guys, to add interest to a basic tee, try throwing an open shirt over top.  A button up shirt makes your tee look less casual and are very popular right now.  Many button ups range in different fabrics and patterns from denim to flannel or camo.  Finally, I added some skinny black pants, that can be worn casually or dressy.  As for my shoes, men today have a great number of options for footwear.  We don’t have to stick to the same old boring lace up sneakers. There are many options oxfords, laced boots, or leather loafers.  I chose my white leather shoes to complete the look.









Night outfit
For the night outfit I always go for something unique and classy.   Blazers seem to be my newest obsession.  I bought my army blazer online and luckily the jacket fit me perfectly. Dark colors, a scarf, and black and gold watch are perfect combination.  Last is my black boots.  When I first spotted them, they looked nice.  But for me, just “nice” doesn’t cut it.  I wanted to add something unique and edgy.  I bought these spikes online and added them.  Did I mention that black and gold are my favorite colors?





Day and night looks are not just for women or for self proclaimed fashionable men.  A stylish day and night look can be achieved by even the guy who thinks he is not fashionable.  The key is combination.  While a graphic tee may seem easy enough, add a button up for a just as effortless but more stylish look.  At night, toss on a blazer.  Yes, blazers are not just for our fathers going to work anymore.  Blazers are a great way to look fashionable and add an element of sophistication.  Guys, we don’t have to put in too much effort to look like we know what we’re doing. 




--------------------

Thanks a lot for checking out this post and we would love to hear your feedback so please leave a comment  or  Email us at trendsettersattheu@gmail.com or do both  ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment